Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Blog!!

I haven't seen the movie "Julie & Julia", but it's caught my attention. I can't imagine trying to cook my way through an entire cookbook though. I think I'd get bored or end up making a recipe that wouldn't appeal to the family. Still, it got me thinking.

Kate and I are going to start an experiment and blog about it. We're calling it "52 in 52". We're going to make together 52 different recipes in 52 weeks. I told her that by the time we're done she'll have cooked more than many girls do before they move away from home.

I got tired of pulling the calculator out of the drawer while I'm cooking so I usually format my recipes using a combination of Microsoft Word and Excel. That way I can easily re-size anything for just 2 of us or for a crowd of 10. I won't be able to do that in the blog, but I'll save a copy everything in that format. I might even make Kate a special cookbook to keep when we're done.

We've made our first dish, so now we'll have to start thinking about the next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment